If you are selling a home in NH you know that sometimes it's easy to get discouraged as the season starts to cool down. Keep in mind though that buyers never stop looking and buy all year long.
A lot of times when sellers think back about when they bought they realize, "ooh yah, we closed in January!" As the NH Fall season rolls in remember that every showing is an opportunity to impress the buyer with your property.
You may be tired of having it ready for showings but this property is "new" to every buyer who is seeing it for the first time. Sometimes it is easy to let the little things start to slide but they can start to add up and in this market every seller is competing.
Here are a few helpful reminders on sprucing up before showing your house in NH this Fall:
- Nothing beats a just mowed & trimmed lawn, especially after being raked clean of leaves during a NH Fall season
- Keep the garden beds & walkways weeded and edged
- Keep shrubbery trimmed and perennials cut back
- Add a splash of color with mums & pumpkins
- Fresh paint on the front door
- Wash windows
- Clear out the excess!
- Accent the fireplace or wood stove if applicable
- Add a bowl of fresh picked apples to give it that "Fall in NH" smell & look
- Update the kitchen faucet & cabinet knobs if dated
- Organize your closets, linens and storage
- Clean out the cobwebs, dust off light bulbs and clean out overhead lights
No property is perfect but when you are selling your home in NH let it SHINE! Home buyers will appreciate your property that much more if they see it in it's best possible condition.